Y'all: we moved.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://discohorror.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Before I sit down and enjoy my turkey dinner I would like to share with you a mix I made last week for my good friend Randell's radio show at UCSD. He is a strong ally to the balearic, disco and house contingent, playing great tracks weekly. He is particularly a fan of all things Daft Punk (in fact we attended the church of robots in Vegas last October together), regularly posting their remixes and all sorts of other music that Bangalter and Guy-Manuel have conjured up over the years. A short while ago Randell asked me to put a mix together and so I came up with this downtempo disco-rockish minimix and I thought I would share it with you on this day to give thanks. Randell played the mix on his show on Monday (his show is every Monday at 3-4pm and you can stream it here), but for those of you who missed it or would like to listen again here it is, enjoy and have a lovely turkey day!

Blow It Slow Minimix






Tracklist:
1. Woolfy vs. Projections - Carry On / Permanent Vacation
2. Les Edits du Golem - Pyramide / Golem
3. The Salsoul Invention - Soul Machine (Additional Edits by Dølle Jølle) / Eskimo Recordings
4. Major Swellings - Swingende Bjeller / Noid Recordings
5. Ian Hunter - Bastard (A Mountain Of One Rework) / Not On Label
6. Lovefingers - Kentucky / RVNG Intl.
7. Unknown - Sir Mr Dr Love / Golf Channel Recordings
8. Vangelis - Let It Happen / Vertigo

Most of these tracks are edits or reworkings, and for those interested "Pyramide" is an edit of Ahmed Fakroun's "Nisyan" and "Swingende Bjeller" is an edit of Hot R.S.'s "Slow Blow". I'm pretty sure the Lovefingers track is an edit, but I do not know the original and I am also not sure of the original of "Sir Mr Dr Love", so if you can help with identifying them I would be much appreciated!

No comments: