Y'all: we moved.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://discohorror.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hearts On Fire


So as some of you who read intently may know I lost a posting yesterday. I have no fucking clue why, but I will repost the tracks and as much of what I had put up as I can. Let me know if anything is missing, like links you may be interested in or pictures of me naked or whatever. Anyways, here is an abridged version of the post that was deleted by blogfuck.com.

Aussie electro rock group Cut Copy released their second album this year, In Ghost Colours, which I must say I do not like quite as much as Bright Like Neon Love, which is one of my favorite albums of the dance rock genre that has blown up of late. While "Lights And Music" is the popular track of late from the album, I find it a little too gimmicky (do check out the Boys Noize remix though). I much prefer the first single "Hearts On Fire" which was leaked earlier this year (or late last year?) in much of the anticipation for the coming album. Here we have a remix by Brooklyn-based up and comers Holy Ghost! who have been doing remixes and production on quite a few of my favorite lables of late (DFA and Permanent Vacation). Their single Hold On is in a similar vein to Cut Copy with slightly more of a raw housey feel feel as per the typical DFA style and now comes with two Mock & Toof remixes which are quite good as well. Here they draw out the classic "Hearts On Fire" into a longer dance cut with additional percussion and rearrange the melody structure a bit to give you a feel similar to Williams' "Love On Real Train" (similar to the way Price Language reworked "Happy House" if you're familiar). Either way it's a great mix of track I couldn't get over to begin with, but I do confess I wish they had left more of the sax in there, enjoy.

Cut Copy - Hearts On Fire (Holy Ghost! Remix)

Now for more music from Norway. Rune Lindbæk has been around for a few years and I had heard much about him but none of his stuff. He runs in the same Scando disco crowd as fellow Norwegians Todd Terje, Prins Thomas and Lindstrøm. Today's track comes from Lindbæk's album from last year Klubb Kebabb. I picked it up last weekend when Mike B over at Amoeba recommended it. The album is a collection of edits with lots of lovely reverb effects added in for good measure. All the edits are of fairly classic tracks, such as Key Of Dreams' "Africa" and Codek's "Tim Toum". I chose a funky edit of Boney M.'s disco classic "Silent Lover". Lindbæk strips the song of its verse sections and extends all of the wonky walking bassline sections for a bouncey disco jam that is sure to work well on the dancefloor. Be sure to check out the whole album though, because there are some serious other tracks lying in wait.

Rune Lindbaek - Franz Tranz


This track has been floating around the internet for the past 8 months or so, but I felt the need to post it anyway because I have been listening to it nonstop. This is another summer jam that will help you in holding on to your sunny blue skies as they begin to fade to winterey grey. The Idjut Boys take Phil Collins' "I'm Not Moving" and loop all the good bits into a bouncey summer track that brightens even the gloomiest day. Sure Phil Collins is cheesey as hell, but sometimes that hits the spot when you're reminiscing about summer.

Phil Collins - I'm Not Moving (Idjut Boys Edit)

No comments: