Y'all: we moved.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://discohorror.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 15, 2008

MP3 Kills Vinyl
























After DJing my first party up here in the bay this Saturday, which was a great party with great people and plenty of dancing to go around, I realized exactly how incredible Todd Terje is. I have been collecting remixes by him over the past year and everything from his Tangoterje edits to his original production on Full Pupp to his release on RVNG International under the moniker Wade Nichols to the remixes he releases under his own name are fucking amazing! Dropping any track he has touched at a dance party results in absolute dance floor mania. His remixes lately have been particularly on par. I included his funked out remix of Reverso 68's "Piece Together" on my Sunset Stands Still Mix below and on Saturday I played his remix of Jose Gonzalez's "Killing For Love" and the party blew up. Whether it's the disco basslines of Chic's "I Want Your Love," the percussive drums of Paul Simon's "Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes," or his acoustic guitar work on America's classic "Horse With No Name" he has the amazing ability to groove out a track into a pure Weapon of Mass Dancestruction (maybe too lame of a descriptor but I'll go for it) while leaving enough of a track intact that you remember why you fell in love with the original.






















This track is no exception and I say it could very well be the Remix of the Year in my book (not that it matters or that anyone cares about my rankings). But this drawn out masterpiece of Simon Baker's "Plastik" (more prominent in the techno community than the disco contingent) is basically what I have come to expect, a track that I can listen to over and over and over again. This has been on repeat for a while, taking me to an Turkish dance club with finger cymbals and belly dancers partying until the break of dawn in a smokey room lit by red hanging lanterns. Since it is such a monster it will be the only track I leave with you tonight, enjoy!


Simon Baker - Plastik (Todd Terje Türkatech Mix)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay I'm so glad to hear that party went well.