Y'all: we moved.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://discohorror.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

I saw you dancing with the human


So I first heard of The Juan Maclean from his monstrous anthem of a little more than a year ago "Happy House" (some might dispute this song is a major rip of Dubtribe Sound System's "Do It Now", but I don't care because I heard "Happy House" first and it is awesome). He's been around a while, previously as a member of Six Finger Satellite, but his recent work on DFA is what's getting me all giddy. I wasn't really anticipating the album to be any good, but The Future Will Come is actually totally rad. I was worried more funky drawn out house with Nancy Whang from LCD Soundsystem singing indie lyrics about robots over cheesy string and piano synths might get boring, but it does not disappoint! Sure it's got your driving anthemic indie house tracks like the aforementioned Happy House and Juan's other single "The Simple Life" plus a new mover "One Day" (you can hear it on RVNG's playlist for this month). But my favorite parts of the album come when he keeps the tempo below 125, particularly the title track, "Accusations", and this groover that grinds out a funky acid synth line. So shut your mouth and enjoy the jubilant casa, oh and Happy Valentine's Day.

The Juan Maclean - No Time




No comments: